Monday, July 12, 2010

Gina's Birthday "Cake"

Not too long ago, Gina had a birthday.



Somebody BEGGED me to make her a cake. Okay, I was the one begging to make it. So?

I had a few ideas I presented to her BF (Bryan) and he decided on Rice Krispies Treats. Oh, but Rice Krispies are cookies - not cake. Oh yeah? Then what's this?!





Yeah that's what I thought!

The top layer is classic Rice Krispies Treats. The second layer has Reese's Puffs cereal in it. And the third layer is Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats using Oreos.

A Winning Combination!

I used a springform pan for the third layer and casserole dishes for the top two layers.

I used Reese's Puffs to decorate the edges and melted marshmallows to stick them all on.

I think next time I'd use a more colorful cereal in maybe the middle layer - like throw in some Fruity Pebbles or Fruit Loops instead of the Reese's Puffs. And then I'd use Trix to decorate the edges. But I would NOT change the Cookies and Cream layer. It was THE BEST!


Now I leave you with some Rice Krispies photos I found online. A Rice Krispies beer koozie, a feline Rice Krispies treat and the world's largest Rice Krispies treat.



I need the perfect gift for my uncle. He's an alcoholic who loves sweets. Hmm...


He's mad because there's no milk left


All utilities are included, it's cable ready, oh and did I mention it's delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment